TGD Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, August 28, 2009

    Hello and Welcome!

    Greetings and salutations,

    Some people call me The Good Doctor, yeah, some call me the gangster of love ...

    Hello! I am the network administrator for Wisconsin Valley Library Service, or simply WVLS. http://www.wvls.org/ I'm starting this Blog as part of my personal goal to maintain a high level of acccessability to those whom I and WVLS provide services.

    In just 4.5 short days I've already come to love the light and jovial nature that seems to pervade the libraries and systems throughout Wisconsin. I hope to incorporate a bit of my own laid back and happy-go-lucky personality into the overall experience my new collegues will receive from me.

    One of the hardest choices I've had to make this week was a real doozie (spelling?). For those of you who Blog you'll probably understand this. What do I name my Blog? How do I sign my posts? Where do I sign up? What if no one likes me? Should I Tweet instead? Should I Tweet as well? Should I Facebook? What did I get myself into? Is there life on other planets? If Max Plank was run over by a carriage as a young boy would Einstein have revolutionized Physics with his Theories on Relativity?

    My mind is a weaving and wandering tangle of tangents and digressions.

    I chose Adventures in Underland, an obvious play on the title of one of my favorite books. I thought it appropriately reflected the nature of our WVLS offices down in the "basement" of the Marathon County Public Library in Wausau. As to my identity, who did I want to be? For this I went back to an old nick name that was given to me back in the fifth grade. To this day I'm not sure if the name was originally intended to be degrading or endearing (as it was assigned by one of my cousins), but over the years I never let it have any negative power over me. I took it and made it my own identy for use on the web. The name I chose "The Good Doctor" is only a vague reference to the original nick name, but it is a reminder to me that I should continue to search for the positive aspects and opportunities presented in any situation.

    I look forward to serving and sincerely hope that my sense of humor is not too dry.

    P.S. - I am NOT a doctor.

    1 comment:

    1. I love your taste in music! But I think your hair is a little too tame...

      ReplyDelete